We all love parties, whether it be a fancy wedding party or some casual get-together in Ottery . If you are throwing a party in a restaurant, then you need not worry about the catering. However, if you plan to arrange a party at your house, you can well imagine how difficult it could be to cook food for 20 to 30 guests. In such a case, it is advisable that one hire a good catering service to do the job.
An outdoor event may be a scary thing for caterers. It requires experience and needs a detailed plan for you to be able to execute it perfectly. Here are some of the important things that caterers should consider if they are already booked for an outdoor event:
- Budget. The first important thing to know is the allotted budget of your client. You and your client must establish a realistic budget, so you can provide a food menu that will be sufficient to the number of guests, and let them taste a flavourful food on their table. You have to explain to them the limitations of their budget and what to expect during the outdoor event.
- Location. Know the location of the event. This will determine if you can provide an on-sit-down, live station catering, or a buffet type of catering. Knowing the location is important for you to prepare your needed food and equipment ahead of time. It is essential because you need to know how far this location will be to prevent food spoilage and hassle to travel.
- Catering Equipment. Make sure to bring sufficient plates, serving dishes, and glassware. This will help you save time and prevent the hassle. As a caterer, it is important to know the available catering equipment in the location of the event. Check if you still need to bring your own fridge or if the event place can let you use their own. If you need to bring your own gas and electric equipment, and other needed catering equipment, it is advisable to contact and hire a one-off event supplier.
- Food Safety. Expect that you need to secure the food safety twice the needed security in indoor. This kind of event requires you to be more particular to the right temperatures of your food. Make sure you have enough fridge to keep the cold food and enough ventilation for outside cooking.
- Time Plan. It is advisable to create your time plan to manage your schedule properly. This will provide you with a list of things that you need to prepare ahead of time. A time plan is a useful tool for you to make things in order. Write everything you need to accomplish and cross them out when you already completed them. A realistic and detailed plan will lessen your stress and help you manage catering easier.
- Staff. Getting the right staff for an outdoor event catering is another thing to prepare. If you think that you have enough full-time staff for your catering, then hire some extra staff. But, make sure that these additional people and staff are trained to do things efficiently. You can make a good impression to your client by showing that you are all professionals in this business.